Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Word Count Wednesday (Finally on time! Yay!)

What am I working on?

I am currently seven pages deep in my first chapter! I am fairly certain this is a project I
will continue working on even after this class is over. Additionally, I just added "bread" to the grocery list on the fridge whiteboard at home (that counts as writing, right?).

How do I like the process?

Ladies and gentleman, I have finally broken the worst writer's block of my lifetime thus far. To celebrate, I bought myself a big pineapple coconut smoothie at lunch today and repeatedly told my friend (Hi Kayleigh) that it tasted like a tropical dream. Strongly recommend the Aloha Bra smoothie from natural cafe if you wanna feel like an island prince/princess. I am really enjoying writing my first chapter. I think I am on the path of finally proving to myself that I am capable of having an idea for a novel length work and sticking with it the whole way. One of the hardest things for me right now is coming up with names for all of my characters. I want the names to fit them perfectly and it's hard to find ones that fit just right.

What am I reading?

Still working through Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

As well as, fourth grader's essays on their thoughts on the Super Bowl (My mom is an elementary school teacher. Grading papers has become like a second unpaid job for me.)

6 comments:

  1. congrats on breaking through your writer's block.

    I find reward systems can do wonders for my productivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you and also jealous. Help me get out of my block! Also I have many Pinterest posts to help name characters if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will get through it too! I know it sucks but I believe you. Camille told me to hang upside down to get my creative juices flowing so maybe try that hahaha. Thanks for the reminder! Gonna go find your Pinterest now :)

      Delete
  3. This is my first on-time WCW too! Haha! I am so excited that you are so interested in your new project. I want a signed copy when it gets published. Oh, and...aloha! You better believe I gonna be trying that smoothie. Tropical smoothies are my most favorite drinks ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Absolutely you will get a signed copy as long as I can have one of yours :) aloha!! It's seriously my favorite smoothie, you gotta try it soon!

      Delete
  4. I think I'm going to go grab one of those smoothies right now. Defeated the writer's block beast myself. :) Glad to hear you're getting on!! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete