Friday, January 27, 2017

Word Count Wednesday

What I'm Working on?

Currently, I am just journaling and attempting to figure out what I want to do for a short story. I don't like planning when I write my stories because I find that it limits me, personally. I try to look for inspiration for a story everywhere I go and I always have my eyes open for something that will strike me. I suppose you could say that yes, currently I am on the hunt for some inspiration to punch me in the face.

How I Feel About the Process?

I really enjoy journaling because it allows me to sort through my thoughts and express myself. I write down everything and anything I am feeling or thinking. However, in terms of writing an actual story I am experiencing a bit of writer's block so I have stepped away from that at the moment, because it was too frustrating. I wish there was like a magical smoothie I could drink to cure my writer's block because 1) I love smoothies and 2) I hate writer's block.

What Am I Reading?

The Paris Wife by Paula McLain

(I highly recommend if you like the 1920's! It's told from the perspective of Ernest Hemingway's wife and it's phenomenal so far!)

4 comments:

  1. I love this line: "I am on the hunt for some inspiration to punch me in the face."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I felt it got the feeling across rather well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also not a fan of planning when it comes to writing. I just kind of sit down and do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I can't stand planning! Glad to know there are other people who share my hatred for it :)

      Delete